AirPlus is the service and credit-card company for your business travel management. The company’s headquarters are in Neu-Isenburg, Germany. The company’s US subsidiary, AirPlus International Inc., is based in Alexandria, Virginia.
The protection of your personal data is very important to us and we want you to feel comfortable when visiting our sites. Our biggest concern is the protection of your privacy when processing personal data and we monitor this very closely in any business operations.
AirPlus respects the privacy of all customers and takes appropriate steps to process and transmit customer data in a confidential and secure manner. Protection of the confidentiality of these data is an important quality criterion for us. Within the framework of our services, we process a great amount of personal and confidential data about our customers and contract companies. These include:
(1) Personal information (names and addresses, etc.)
This information is capable of identifying you. It is reported when your personal information is processed by us. We collect and process no data relating to you personally, unless you have given us express permission to do this.
(2) Statistical data
All information that relates to general statistics, such as webpage traffic and demographics. It is not possible to identify you by means of these data.
Information about data collection (personal data)
AirPlus saves, processes and transfers the collected personal data of its customers only for fulfilling its own business purposes and for the purposes of carrying out contracts offered by or made with AirPlus, including contracts entered into by AirPlus with hotel, airline or other business partners. AirPlus does not make any other use of this information without your consent, unless your consent is not required under applicable law.
Your data is collected through the filling out of the application mask. With your registration you are agreeing to the processing and transference of your data according to these Privacy Statements.
For the processing of your data we also use external service providers. They are only allowed to process the data of the AirPlus customers according to the directives that AirPlus has given them. The processing serves the exclusive purpose of making sure that your contract is carried out correctly.
We save the time at which you log in, as well as your activities, in order to be able to help you more quickly. We use this data anonymously for the improvement of our online offers. We are obligated to delete such collected data after 3 months at the latest.
In order to fulfill this purpose, all our employees are obligated in a written declaration to only process and use the data they have access to during their work. Anything else is expressly forbidden.
We are licensed as a financial institution in accordance with German law and are subject to the surveillance of the Commissioner for Data Protection of Hesse (Hessischer Datenschutzbeauftragte).
In carrying out our work, we use appropriate data protection technology that protects our customers against unauthorized access:
Information on data collection (statistical data)
Other information that does not relate to you personally will be collected and used by AirPlus and can be communicated to third parties. Statistical and demographic data contain no personal details that would make it possible to identify you.
Information on online security
The secure transmission of all personal data is our highest priority. For this reason the security-relevant data within the AirPlus Instant Online Access is encoded before transmission.
Do you have concerns about the transfer of your credit card data? Your credit card details are automatically encrypted and can only be decoded by an authorized computer. The most up-to-date security standards are used in encoding the data transference of all security-relevant pages.
A cookie is a small text file which our site transfers to your hard disk when you are connected to the AirPlus website.
We guarantee that the data which is stored by means of cookies from our website cannot be read by any other website. You can deactivate the setting of cookies by changing the settings on your browser. This may, however, lead to loss of speed and limited access to the website.
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect visitor behavior data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be aggregated to a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and are not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services.
Public register of procedures regarding the processing of personal data
Pursuant to §4g II pg. 2 of the BDSG (German Data Protection Act) a data protection officer will provide information regarding data appearing in points 1 - 8 of this document in accordance with §4e sentence 1 BDSG upon request presented in an appropriate fashion.
1. Name of the responsible post:
Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
2. Business Manager:
Patrick W. Diemer (Chairman), Roland Kern
3. Address of the responsible post:
Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
Director of Data Processing: Dr. Ulrich Arnold
Data Protection Officer: Achim Roth
4. Protection of data collection, processing or use:
The company’s objectives are:
1. To provide payment services including, but not limited to, participating in the payment card business, the payment authentication business, the in- and outgoing payment business, the debit note business, the bank transfer business including or excluding the management of payment accounts and including or excluding the granting of credits in connection with the management of payment accounts;
2. To participate in payment systems;
3. To store and process data, process cards on behalf of third parties, develop, create and distribute software, provide consultation services, process invoice data in electronic formats, operate and market online portals (for example, for business travelers and travel managers), distribute card terminals, operate a print shop and a letter shop, customize customer and service cards, provide logistics and fulfillment services, provide services for third-party programs for customer retention, provide barter cards for the compensation business;
4. To make use of usage rights regarding traffic infrastructure including acquiring and selling these rights, for example, for toll roads, parking spaces, ferries, tunnels, etc.
5. To market services provided by the company or by third parties.
Data collection, processing and use of personal data occur only for carrying out business of Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH.
5. Description of groups of persons affected and their related data or data categories:
Essentially, Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH captures, maintains and uses data for the following groups of people to the extent that this is necessary to fulfill the purposes specified in 4:
• Customers (address data, credit card data, bank data)
• Prospects (products of interest, address data)
• Employees (administration, payroll, personal development, management, training and communication)
• Enrollees (administration and communication)
• Business partners and suppliers (address data, administration and performance data)
• Contact persons for the aforementioned groups and press contacts (support information and address data).
6. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom data may be disclosed:
Public service authorities where high-priority legal regulations demand, external contractors according to §11 BDSG, as well as external offices and internal Lufthansa AirPlus departments, for fulfilling the purposes specified in 4.
7. Statutory periods for deleting data:
After expiration of storage obligations and periods as decreed by regulatory authorities, the relevant data is routinely deleted. Any data to which this does not apply is deleted if it is not needed for the purposes specified in 4.
8. Planned transmission of data to other countries:
Data are transmitted to authorities, customers and suppliers in various countries within the context of conducting transactions that fulfill the business purpose in accordance with the above-named international regulations.
Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
Data Protection Officer