A Data Protection
AirPlus is the service and credit-card company for your business travel management. The company headquarters are in Neu-Isenburg, Germany.
AirPlus respects the privacy of your customers and takes appropriate steps to process and transmit customer data in a confidential and secure manner. Protection of the confidentiality of these data is an important quality criterion for us. Within the framework of our services, we process a great amount of personal and confidential data about our customers and contract companies. These include:
(1) Personal information (names and Addresses, etc.). This information is capable of identifying you. It is reported when your personal information is processed by us. We collect and process no data relating to you personally, unless you have given us express permission for this.
(2) Statistical data. All information that relates to general statistics, such as webpage traffic and demographics. It is not possible to identify you by means of these data..
Information about data collection (personal data)
AirPlus saves, processes and transfers the collected personal data of its customers only for fulfilling its own business purposes and for the purposes of carrying out of carrying out contracts offered by or made with AirPlus including contracts entered into by AirPlus with hotel, airline or other business partners. AirPlus does not make any other use of this information without your consent, unless your consent is not required under applicable law.
Your data is collected through the filling out of the application mask. With your registration you are agreeing to the processing and transference of your data according to these Privacy Statements.
For the processing of your data we also use external service providers. They are only allowed to process the data of the AirPlus customers according to the directives that AirPlus has given them. The processing serves the exclusive purpose of making sure that your contract is carried out correctly.
We save the time at which you log in, as well as your activities, in order to be able to help you more quickly. We use this data anonymously for the improvement of our online offers. We are obligated to delete your collected data after 3 months at the latest
In order to fulfill this purpose, all our employees are obligated through a written declaration to only process and use the data they have access to during their work. Anything else is expressly forbidden of them.
We are licensed as a financial institution in accordance with German law and are subject to the surveillance of the Commissioner for Data Protection of Hesse (Hessischer Datenschutzbeauftragte).
In carrying out our work, we use appropriate data protection technology that protects our customers against
- Unauthorized access,
- Unauthorized processing, use, and change,
- Accidental or intentional distortion or loss
Rights from the data-protection laws remain unaffected. AirPlus will give complete information, free of charge, about the data stored, to the extent that it concerns you..
Information on data collection (statistical data)
Other information that does not relate to you personally will be collected und used by AirPlus and can be communicated to third parties. Statistical and demographic data contain no personal details that would make it possible to identify you.
Information on online security
The secure transmission of all personal data is our highest priority. For this reason the security-relevant data within the AirPlus Instant Online Access is encoded before transmission.
You have concerns about the transfer of your credit card data? Your credit card details are automatically encrypted and can only be decoded by an authorized computer. The most up-to-date security standards are used in encoding the data transference of all security-relevant pages. At present this is a connection with the following data: SSL 3.0, RC4 with 128 Bit encoding (high); RSA with 1024 Bit exchange..
A Cookie is a small text file which our site transfers to your hard disk when you are connected to the AirPlus website.
We guarantee that the data which is stored by means of cookies from our website cannot be read by any other website. You can deactivate the setting of cookies by changing the settings on your browser. This can lead to loss of speed and limited access to the website.
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect visitor behavior data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be aggregated to a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and are not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services.
A1 Public register of proceedings
Pursuant to §4g II pg. 2 of the BDSG (German Data Protection Act) a data protection officer will provide information regarding data appearing in points 1 - 8 of this document in accordance with §4e sent. 1 BDSG upon request presented in an appropriate fashion.
1. Name of the responsible post:
Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
2. Business Manager:
Patrick W. Diemer (Chair), Roland Kern
3. Address of the responsible post:
Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH
63263 Neu-Isenburg; Germany
Authorized Director of Data Processing: Achim Roth
Director of Data Processing: Dr. Ulrich Arnold
4. Protection of data collection, processing or use:
The company’s objectives are:
1. To provide payment services including, but not limited to, participating in the payment card business, the payment authentication business, the in- and outgoing payment business, the debit note business, the bank transfer business including or excluding the management of payment accounts and including or excluding the granting of credits in connection with the management of payment accounts;
2. To participate in payment systems;
3. To store and process data, process cards on behalf of third parties, develop, create and distribute software, provide consultation services, process invoice data in electronic formats, operate and market online portals (for example, for business travelers and travel managers), distribute card terminals, operate a print shop and a letter shop, customize customer and service cards, provide logistics and fulfillment services, provide services for third-party programs for customer retention, provide barter cards for the compensation business;
4. To make use of usage rights regarding traffic infrastructure including acquiring and selling these rights, for example, for toll roads, parking spaces, ferries, tunnels, etc.
5. To market services provided by the company or by third parties.
Data collection, processing and use of personal data occur only for carrying out business of Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH.
5. Description of groups of persons affected and their related data or data categories:
Essentially, Lufthansa AirPlus Servicekarten GmbH captures, maintains and uses data for the following groups of people:
1. Employee data for personal management, salary invoicing, personal development, control and training of applicants.
2. Customer and provider data within the parameters of contractual fulfillment through ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and other systems for managing customers and providers.
3. Customer data for Customer Relationship Management (overseeing customer relations, marketing campaigns, distribution of information.
4. Employee data for secretarial and management functions with MX Office. Office communications with Outlook and Intranet.
6. Recipients or categories of recipients to whom data may be disclosed:
Public service authorities where high-priority legal regulations demand, external contractors according to §11 BDSG, as well as external offices and internal Lufthansa departments, for fulfilling the purposes specified in 4.
7. Statutory periods for deleting data:
After expiration of storage obligations and periods as decreed by regulatory authorities, the relevant data is routinely deleted. Any data to which this does not apply is deleted if it is not needed fur the purposes specified in 4.
8. Planned transmission of data to other countries:
Data is transmitted to authorities, customers, and suppliers in various countries within the context of conducting transactions that fulfill the business purpose in accordance with the above-named international regulations.
Access to and use of the webpage / website is based on the usage conditions described in the following and the relevant laws and regulations. Through and by accessing and using this webpage/website, the user declares that he agrees to the following usage conditions, without further restrictions or changes:
In the following, Lufthansa AirPlus Service Cards Corp., including the subsidiaries in which in participates, are called “AirPlus.”
1. Copyright / Trademarks
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this webpage/website – including, but not limited to the text, the pictures contained, and the arrangement itself – are the property of AirPlus. This does not apply to the content of third parties to which reference may be made through links, the copyright to which is held, in cases of doubt, by the owner of the web pages / websites connected through a link. All contents provided with a trademark, service sign, or other protection mark that are used or referred to in this webpage/website are the property of the holder of their rights in each case.
The content of this webpage/website can in no way be interpreted in such a way that it tacitly confers, by legal effect or in any other way, a license or title to a copyright, patent, trademark, or other protection right of AirPlus or a third party is transferred. Without the prior consent of AirPlus, neither this webpage/website nor the content made available through it (especially graphic images, audio and video sequences, html codes, buttons, and text) can be copied, reprinted, published, sent, transmitted, or distributed in any other way. Production of one single copy for exclusively personal, non-commercial use by downloading onto a single personal computer (including permanent or temporary storage on this PC, display of its content in off-line mode, and production of a paper copy of parts of the content is, however, expressly permitted, but under the condition that the webpage/website and its content are not changed thereby and all references to copyrights, patents, trademarks, and other protection rights are contained in the copies produced or that a corresponding reference is attached, to the extent that an interface is involved.
Unless otherwise stated to the contrary, AirPlus must make sure that all information that is available on this webpage/website that is available to the user is not confidential or under a protection right. The user declares by entering information that he is properly authorized to make this information available. Because of the open nature of the Internet, AirPlus recommends that no information by made available that the user must consider confidential.
2. Exclusion of guarantees and guarantee benefits
The information on this webpage/website is made available without cost, and it serves only for informational purposes and in not the basis of any business or service relationship between the user and AirPlus. Statements found on the webpage/website do not constitute providing information (actual or requested) AirPlus.
A guarantee or guarantee benefit in any form (especially of suitability for a particular purpose, the existence of legal titles, or non-infringement of rights of third parties) is not given.
AirPlus is in no case liable, except in cases of fraud, for damages that arise from or in connection with the use of this webpage/website or its content. This applies regardless of the form of the claim and the question of whether this claim is on a confidential or non-confidential basis.
Nevertheless, a liability remains in cases in which the applicable law (see below) prescribes a compulsory liability or permits no restriction of liability.
Links on this webpage/website can refer to webpages/websites or services that are not marketed by AirPlus. AirPlus makes no statement about is in no way represents the services or products of such third parties or the contents on their webpages/websites. A reference to another webpage/website or services represents no approval of this webpage/website or service. Use of the auf information on such a webpage/website or the service offered therein is at the user’s own risk..
5. Agreement with applicable law
Any legal claim or process in connection with the website or its use is based on the interpretation of the laws of the Federal Republic of German, with the exception of regulations of international private law.
The user is responsible for following the legal standards of the territory from which he accesses the webpage/website. He gives assures that access to this webpage/website or use of the information contained therein does not violate any legal standard.
6. Legal remedies in case of contract violation
AirPlus reserves the right, in case of violation of these provision, to make use of the framework of possible legal remedies, including excluding the user from the right to access the site.
7. Access to password-protected areas
Access to and use of secure areas and areas protected by passwords is limited to authorised users. Unauthorised persons who try to gain access to these areas, webpages or sites can be prosecuted.
8. Changes to the provisions
AirPlus retains the right to change these guidelines at any time.